So April is here, and we’re beginning to feel the need to shed the grim memories of winter, and emerge triumphantly as new people – our best selves. See: spring cleaning (has everyone KonMari’d yet?), clean eating (lest we not be “beach body ready”), and brand spankin’ new Christian Connection profiles. You know it’s true.
All this self-improvement can get exhausting however, so for those of you who would like some recommendations for your down time, we’ve curated a little list of our favourite things for April, especially for you. Enjoy!
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Season 2). Our favourite religious cult escapee is back, and season two promises more dark humour, questionable sartorial choices and wonderful lines like: “I just was trying to get one minute of peace on a mechanical bull.” Although of course the question we all must ask is, can any quote beat season one’s: “White dudes hold the record for creepy crimes”? The jury’s out on that one – but feel free to let us know your fave quotes in the comments!
- 2016 has struck again, and the team have been mourning the loss of Victoria Wood and Prince. Videos have been shared, songs have been sung, and these two beauts have emerged as the top contenders to remember these icons: enjoy Victoria Wood on step aerobics and the best video of Prince ever (controversial, we know).
- Ok, now we need to get a little spiritual. If you’re in need of a sermon podcast, may we suggest this one by Judah Smith? Or if you’d prefer something a little closer to home, we also can recommend Causeway Vineyard’s sermons, which they post online here.
- A New Zealand transport agency managed to make a great ad out of a serious subject. Consider using this next time you’re in this scenario.
- If you’re wanting to get hit right in the feels (always a good way to end a Friday, we feel), you should definitely watch this: a short film, based on a YouTube comment.
- We are not here to judge Babymetal, or say whether or not you should enjoy them. We are simply here to point out that they are a thing that exists in the universe.
- This was reposted this month on The Toast, but originally from last year. Chine says: “It’s the funniest thing I’ve ever read.” We’ve never thought so much about owls.
- For something completely different: have you heard this Foo Fighter’s cover by Belgian women’s choir Scala & Kolacny Brothers? They’re currently in the UK on their 20th anniversary tour.
- If you’re a personality type junkie, look no further than this free online workshop on Myers-Briggs types by GIANT, a team of leadership consultants. It hones on key drivers for each personality type, and is honestly one of the best resources we’ve come across recently, on type theory. Geek-out over.
- Yes, we know this is controversial to say in the UK, but some of us (well, probably just Christine) think that the US Office is BRILLIANT and quit their Netflix subscription in a huff when they stopped carrying the show. But let’s all put our differences aside for once, because nothing is as fitting as this meme for this YouTube-themed binge of a post. Take it away Michael Scott, and say what we can’t: