Even though the weather belies it, we are now in firmly in the midst of the Great British Summer. Sorry, that was a bit depressing, wasn’t it?!
We’ve put together a special cheer-yourself-up edition this month, because right now our brains are completely fried, and we just can’t deal with any more think-pieces. So, bubble-blowing babies of the world unite – today is YOUR day!
1. An actual bubble blower, magician Denis Lock will have you “open-mouthed in disbelief”, to quote one member of our team. Nothing babyish about this.
2. This video has been doing the rounds at the moment – have you seen it yet? Pharrell sits down with a class at NYU and listens to their music and hear’s something that blows his mind, describing it as ‘my drug.’ Maggie Rogers now has more than two millions plays on Spotify.
3. This is just fun, and completely apropos of nothing. We LIKE!
4. We all know the 80s were pretty terrible/amazing for fashion, but we had no idea that things could have been so very, very much worse if The Smile Maker’s Catalogue of 1988 had their way. Someone needs to recreate that cover, pronto.
5. Thomas has declared this brilliant catch “#dadgoals” – keep an eye out for him on the big screen soon, balancing his baby and a pile of hotdogs. We believe in you, Thomas!
6. Wimbledon is in full swing (sorry), and in the spirit of looking on the brighter side of life, we found this great post on the funniest Wimbledon moments in history: including an umbrella, Batman and a certain player named Tim.
7. Yes, we know it’s not new, but every summer playlist has got to include this fantastic summer dance tune. The song title even means ‘child of the sun’ in German. If only!
8. And ahhhh the Euros – let’s not talk too much about them, shall we? But one thing’s for sure, we’re happy to play “spot the Ireland fan“. Yep, that guy is having LOADS of fun.
"Yeah we've got you a ticket mate! Don't forget to wear that leprechaun outfit" pic.twitter.com/RvvkmLS1g7
— Steve Turner (@SteveLTurner) June 13, 2016
9. And finally, while Thomas was disappointed to see his country leave Euro 2016, Norn Iron can be proud of this great achievement (NSFW – contains language some might find offensive).
10. So now it’s down to Wales to keep our Euro dreams alive – but speaking of staying alive, that’s exactly what the Queen is doing. Well done, Ma’am. We’re glad we can rely on you during these troubled times.